As always, I hope you are have a great day, where ever you may be. I was thinking yesterday…how many things AM I signed up for? I decided to do some research of my sidebar, make myself a calendar and really purpose myself to get it done. Earlier this month I wrote about my goals. One of my goals was to complete my projects.
Complete all my projects. I am enrolled in a three block of them month clubs and a sew a long. This is my first time ever doing these things. I know I am going to have to be purposeful to get everything done. If you look to the right you can see everything I am doing.
I am seriously holding myself to that! I also want to learn a few new skills, one of them being Paper Piecing and I have recently added Free Motion Quilting to that list. I also wrote in my goals that I wanted to use Flickr. With that said I thought I would outline everything I am participating in this year along with a good description. So here we go!
- Sugar Block Club: This BOM (Block of the Month) is hosted by Amy Gibson from Stitchery Dickory Dock. You can purchase the BOM here. This cost is $7.95, which is think is cheap! What makes this BOM special is each month you get a block to create and a sweets to bake. You can also post your completed blocks to a Flickr Group.
- It’s A New Year Sew Along: This month-long sew along is hosted by Caroline from She Can Sew. Although the month is halfway over you could still get in! This sew along has a prize at the end of the tunnel and is due on January 29th at 10pm. If you decided to enter you could win a gift certificate from the Fat Quarter Shop. That is really enough for me to jump in! Check out the Facebook page here.
- Skill Builder Block of the Month: This is a BOM hosted by Alyssa from Pile O’ Fabrics. There are no prizes here because truthfully, the prize is her doing this amazing BOM for free. Here you will polish some old skills and learn quite a few more. She is also teaching the quilt as you go method and free motion quilting. At the end of the year, you will have learned 20 new blocks and you get a pretty cool modern quilt too! Here is the link for the Flickr Group. I am really excited about this particular BOM.
- Craftsy Block of the Month: This BOM is being taught by Laura Nownes over at Craftsy. If you don’t already know what Craftsy is ….go check it out! This class is FREE…did you hear me say FREE! Plus, it is at your own pace! No deadlines but you can’t go ahead either.
- Lovely Year of Finishes: This goal setting incentive based contest is hosted by Melissa of Sew Bitter Sweet Designs and by Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts. Here you can set a goal, check in mid-month and at the end of the month show off your finish. You submission allows you a chance at a coveted prize along with a Flickr Group to look through!
- Starburst Quilt Along: Melissa from Happy Quilting is hosting this quilt along. Here you will make four Starburst blocks, along with the option of three sizes of blocks. Participation in this quilt along also gives you the winning chance of increasing your stash in someway. You could also meet some new sewing friend in the Flickr Group.
- And Sew On..BOM: This BOM is all about paper piecing, which is one of my yearly goals. I am not sure how long I will make it…but I am sure gonna try! It is hosted by Kristy at Quiet Play. She also has monthly prizes and a Flickr Group to post to.
- Project Quilting: This contest is stressful but it really drives the imagination. Season 4 just got started and soon Kim from Persimon Dreams will be posting the second challenge. It’t not too late to jump in! Head first as I like to do it. At the end of each challenge, there is a drawing for a prize. You should also check out the Fat Quarter Shop- Tradition Times Three Challenge. Here is the Flicker Group for Project Quilting.
- The Something New Sampler: This sampler is a weekly block that will be over in a jiffy! It is being hosted by Amy from The Cute Life Smiles.
- Quick As A Fox Sew Along: The Sewing Loft is hosting this sew along and it is being taught by Becky from The Patchwork Posse. This is also a weekly sampler that has nine blocks to learn. Here is the Flickr Group.
I know you are reading this and wondering how I am going it do it…well as my Happy Husband says, “Slow and Steady wins the race.” That will be my saying for now. One thing for sure, by the end of the year I WILL know how to use Flickr! I am so excited about all the things I am going to learn and happy that I have the time to commit to what I really want to do….sew.
Until next time, Sew Pretty!