Disclaimer! This post is very long…grab a cup of tea and some cookies ;0)
September is here! The best part of September is fall ….is coming, hopefully. Currently it seems as if summer came back or rather finally arrived here in Atlanta. But anyway… I am here to set my goal for this month’s Lovely Year of Finishes and show yall some pictures. Here we go!
My goal for this month is to finish all my scrappy trip around the world blocks for the Scrappy Trip Around The World Bee. If you don’t know about this bee you should check it out!
I am also in a fabric swap called F8 fabric swap group AND it’s currently open for this months Stripes swap. Check it out and please join in!
So what have I been up to? I think the best way to address this is to write a list.
- Student Teaching I have been busy! Pre-K kids know how to have fun! I am with two wonderful teachers who are teaching me the ropes. I am about to start week 4 and on Wednesday and I will be doing my first observation. Maybe because this is my last semester or maybe I am feeling more confident but I am excited for my Professor to see my growth. Very excited. I will be teaching a lesson on Construction workers and we are making a construction zone for the kids…very exciting things people!
- Sewing I have been sewing! I am working on quite a few things and making small projects in between. I only have about an hour to sew everyday but I really enjoy myself for that hour. It has been great! If you are not following me on Instagram you should! I am posting there often. My user name is Prettyladybaby of course! Follow me and I will follow you back.
- Awards I was nominated for an blog award. If you nominated me…I have not forgotten. It is on my list.
- Reading I am currently reading Quilting Happiness by Christina Lane and Diane Gilleland. I suggest you purchase this book! It is amazing and I cannot wait to get started on some of the quilting in here. Very exciting book!
- Fabricate Studios If you don’t know, I spend a lot of time there. I am a member there, I hang out there, I create there and I often have little kiddo’s sewing with me there. We have a good time people! If you live in Atlanta you should come check it out!
Here are some pictures for you!
Herringbone Birthday Quilt
This quilt is a repeat quilt for me. I have made the Herringbone quilt block from Bijou Lovely’s tutorial. I made this quilt for my husband’s birthday and each fabric has a special connection to him. I will do a more detail post about this quilt one day… Promise ;0) I really love how it turned out. I think it is the most modern, beautiful, perfect quilt I have ever made. I made a lot of choices in placement and I think it paid off. What do you think?
The Super Tote!
This bag made from Noodle Head’s pattern and I LOVE IT! I will be making these for my Etsy store so look out! l am currently carrying the one below! It is made with Echino. I wish I took pictures of the inside. There are pockets in the lining that are so pretty and fun to make. So if you decide to try it …DO THE POCKETS! They are the best part of the bag.. I promise!
The Michelle Card Wallet
This is a pattern I purchased online and I love making it!
I am a member of the West Atlanta Modern Quilt Guild and we recently participated in a challenge with our sister guild the Atlanta Modern Quilt Guild. How big is Atlanta, I know you are wondering. Atlanta is not really big, per say, but everything is twenty minutes or more away plus traffic is bad. My guild is the guild INSIDE the perimeter of Atlanta and the Atlanta guild is on the outskirts of the perimeter of Atlanta. Anyway…this was my submission for the Quilt Block Throw Down challenge. We were suppose to create a modern version of a Log Cabin block. I feel for me…my block is all about placement. It is purposefully placed and full of color!
I also got this pattern from Michelle Patterns. It just comes as pattern pieces. So good luck! I am sure you will figure it out …LOL This case is for my son who needed one for school. It matches is bag I made plus the Jay McCarrol print is perfect for him because he is an Artist!
Circle, Square Triangle, Rectangle…. Square Quilt
I made this quilt for my Pre’K class. Is is currently called the Kind Quilt. This quilt was inspired by a YouTube video the kids watched during the shape unit on my first week. I needed to make a quilt to go with the story I read called, The Quilt by Anne Jones. Great story for the kiddos. Anyway, I went home singing this song. I sang it all day Saturday and by the end of the day I had a quilt top made of nothing but scraps! The lesson went great too by the way!
High Street Messenger Tote
I made this bag this week in class at Fabricate Studio’s The pictures really do it no justice. It is beautiful and made from all Ikea fabric. This pattern is by Amy Butler and needs translation. We all know how wordy Amy is! Any who, it is a fun bag to make and it comes together in an really cool way.
That is all for now! Check me out on Instagram if you can and as always… Sew Pretty!